The best solution to your problem


vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Ray Rice domestic violence suspension overturned

Source: http://ift.tt/eKERsB - Friday, November 28, 2014

Los Angeles (AFP) - Former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice, who was suspended indefinitely earlier this year after punching his now-wife, won his appeal, meaning he could return to the National Football League. Rice is now a free agent and eligible to sign with another team, the NFL Players Association said Friday. The 27-year-old Rice had been sacked by the Ravens and kicked out of the NFL indefinitely in September after the emergence of video showing him punching his then-fiancee Janay in a casino elevator in February, knocking her unconscious. The incident was one of several examples of violent off-field behavior that have roiled the hugely popular and lucrative NFL, sparking criticism from fans, sponsors and even US lawmakers. "I made an inexcusable mistake and accept full responsibility for my actions," Rice said in a statement. "I will continue working hard to improve myself and be the best husband, father and friend while giving back to the community and helping others to learn from my mistakes." The decision is a huge setback for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was criticized for his handling of the case, as many felt the punishment initially given to Rice was too lenient. - 'Fair and transparent' - "This decision is a victory for a disciplinary process that is fair and transparent," the NFL Players Association said in a statement. A former federal judge, Barbara Jones, presided over the appeal hearing earlier





from Top News on RSS Feeds http://ift.tt/1vw3nhG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire